EPDUK/S2O were commissioned to complete the design for this Olympics Venue in London, England. Within four months of recieving authority to proceed our team had reviewed all pertinent materials, recreated the entire drawing set to a professional standard, modeled — both on a computer and in a physical model lab — and completed the design documents for this, the most modern whitewater park in the World.
The S2O/EPDUK team continued to work with the Client to implement this improved design for construction including construction oversight and project commissioning. The completed project was approved by the International Canoe Federation who cited the modeling as the most advanced and predictive ever used for a whitewater park.
- S2O completed a remake of masterplan design documents, computer modeling and the creation of a physical model within
12 weeks of receiving a contract.
- Commissioned the park in a record 3 weeks.
- Used advanced physical modeling to accurately predict flows and key features.
- S2O and EPDUK worked with the contractor to ensure a fast and cost efficient build.
- S2O continues to work with the ODA to oversee construction and implementation of the channels, slalom systems, and a new patented obstacle system